Online safety is of paramount importance in keeping children safe in a world of technological dominance. At Chellaston Infant School we strive to teach our children how to be safe online and identify who they can talk to if they are concerned or worried about something they see online.
Our online safety leaders in school are:
If you have any concerns about online safety, please speak to any member of staff who will be able to assist you further.
On this website you will find our online safety policy and resources that you can use to help keep your children safe when online.
- This is a link for the Think U Know website. It has lots of useful tips and advice if you have any concerns about online safety. They have resources for all school aged children. https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents/
- This is the link for CEOP, a website you can use to report any concerns you may have about online abuse. https://www.ceop.police.uk/safety-centre
- What are the issues? – https://www.saferinternet.org.uk/advice-centre/parents-and-carers/what-are-issues
- Hot topics – https://www.childnet.com/parents-and-carers/hot-topics
- This website provides a parent factsheet with links to other useful resources – https://www.childnet.com/resources/parents-and-carers-resource-sheet
- This link is for the NSPCC website. It is a very useful website with lots of information for helping keep children safe, not just online safety! – https://www.nspcc.org.uk/keeping-children-safe/online-safety/
- This website reviews different games/apps and their safety features and risks https://www.net-aware.org.uk/
- This is the key safeguarding guidance that schools follow to keep children safe. Keeping Children Safe in Education – https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/keeping-children-safe-in-education–2
- This is the Government guidance we use for teaching online safety. Teaching Online Safety in Schools – https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/teaching-online-safety-in-schools
- Think U Know – online safety resources for children – https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/professionals/
- We teach online safety every term. We follow the Education for a Connected World scheme of work. – https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/896323/UKCIS_Education_for_a_Connected_World_.pdf